Beaver Removal

Beavers are North America’s largest rodent. Adults usually weigh 40-60 lbs. Beavers are aquatic living in rivers, lakes, ponds and any wetlands including urban environments. Depending on the habitat resources, established beaver colonies usually consist of 8-13 individuals. Beavers eat aquatic vegetation, bark and the cambium layer of trees. Beavers prefer young green tree branches and trunks for feeding, while larger limbs are used for dam material.

Beavers will feed on decorative trees and shrubs in yards. Beavers will readily “girdle” and kill healthy desirable trees. Beavers have the ability to drastically alter their environment. Often this is detrimental causing flooding of roads, structures and property. Additional concerns are falling trees and erosion.

Q: What problems can Beavers cause?

A: Beavers can cause significant damage to trees and landscapes, and their dam-building can result in flooding.

Q: How can I tell if I have a Beaver problem?

A: Signs of a Beaver problem include seeing the animals themselves, noticing trees that have been chewed down, finding dams or lodges, and experiencing unexplained flooding.

Q: What do I do if I have a Beaver problem?

A: If you suspect you have a Beaver problem, contact NW Nuisance Wildlife Control. Our team of professionals can safely and humanely resolve the issue.

Q: Is it safe to approach a Beaver?

A: It’s not recommended to approach or try to handle any wild animal, including Beavers. They can become aggressive if they feel threatened.

Q: What methods does NW Nuisance Wildlife Control use to manage Beavers?

A: NW Nuisance Wildlife Control uses a variety of humane methods to manage Beavers, including habitat modification, exclusion techniques, and when necessary, live trapping.

Q: Are Beavers protected by law?

A: In many areas, Beavers are protected by law, and it is illegal to trap or kill them without a permit.

Q: How can I prevent Beavers from coming onto my property?

A: You can reduce the likelihood of attracting Beavers by removing food sources like trees and shrubs near water, installing fences, and using tree guards to protect your trees.

Q: What is a “Wildlife Control Operator” or “WCO”?

A: A Wildlife Control Operator (or “WCO”) has a license from the Department of Fish and Wildlife that allows them trap, capture, and remove unclassified wildlife or small game from private property.

Q: What are your fees?

A: Service fees vary greatly depending on the task at hand. Please call us to receive a quote over the phone. If the situation requires us to visit the site before offering a quote, we will tell you this during the initial call

Q: What do you do with the animals that you catch?

A: All nuisance wildlife control operators in the state of Washington are required by law to euthanize the animals caught on private property. Nuisance wildlife cannot be transported and relocated/released.

Q: Do you offer consultation services?

A: Yes. Please call us and we will gladly discuss the situation at hand.

Q: Are you licensed by the state?

A: Yes. We are licensed by the State of Washington and by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. We are also bonded and insured.

Q: Do you also control ants, spiders, scorpions, bugs and termites?

A: Yes, please call the pest control division of our company, Willard’s Pest Control at (425) 820-1980.

Q: Do you control problem birds?

A: Yes, please call our “sister company”, Bird Busters

About Us

NNWC, established in 1985 is one of the oldest and most trusted wildlife removal companies serving the PNW. We specialize in live trapping, animal control, exclusion and clean up.

We are licensed by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife to manage a variety of wildlife conflicts that include: raccoons, squirrels, opossums, beavers, nutria, river otters, mountain beavers, bats, skunks, bobcats and coyotes. We specialize in live animal removal. NNWC serves both residential and commercial customers offering solutions tailored to meet your specific nuisance wildlife conflict needs.

Our trappers have Bachelor of Arts degrees from the University of Idaho in Wildlife Resources and University of Southern California in Environmental Science. Collectively we have over 50 year’s wildlife management experience. Whatever the wildlife conflict we have the experience, knowledge and skill to humanely and professionally solve your problem.

Call us at 425 820-7476 to talk about beaver management or you can email us at